Thursday, October 2, 2014

My Grandma's Closet: Part 1

I am happy to say that this outfit minus the shoes is truly vintage! This sweater and skirt combo belonged to my Grandma when she was in high school in the mid 1950's. 
I asked her if I could borrow one of her old sweaters and she let me borrow some of her old outfits! I was nervous that they wouldn't fit me, but when I tried them on they fit perfectly! Like Grandma like granddaughter I guess. ;)
I don't think I can adequately describe to you how happy playing dress up in vintage clothes makes me. I felt like I had stepped back into a time when things were simpler and style's were classy. Or at least that's how I like to imagine it.



I don't know what part of this outfit I love more, the Jantzen sweater that is the perfect shade of green, or the houndstooth pleated pencil skirt? All I know is that this outfit is perfect and I wish I could wear it on a daily basis. 

Stay tuned for more outfits from my Grandma's closet as well as some of the history behind these clothes, and the 1950's!
Thanks for reading!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12959335/?claim=cck59e7qr3a">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments:

  1. i love raiding the back of my mom's closet for 80s clothes but i never thought to check out my grandma's closet! love the outfit!! especially that skirt. you look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia! You should try seeing if your Grandma has any of her old clothes, it's so fun to see them and hear all the stories that go with them! :)

      Delete